LAS VEGAS – With more than 6,000 real estate agents and brokers from over 60 different countries in attendance, RE/MAX is hosting its 45th annual international convention at MGM Grand in Las Vegas this week. The Opening General Session, hosted by renowned business coach Brian Buffini, highlighted the accomplishments of the global real estate network’s more than 115,000 agents, while taking a look back on the last 45 years of the company and a look forward to the future of the real estate industry.
“Over the last 45 years, the RE/MAX network has grown from one agent to more than 115,000,” RE/MAX CEO Adam Contos told the crowd of Associates who traveled from across the world to attend the week-long convention to learn, network and exchange international referrals. “Today we celebrate our roots and share plans on how we will continue to move our global real estate network forward. It’s because of you that we can once again say…no one in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX.”
Images from 2018 R4 Opening General Session can be found here.
Nobody in the world sells more real estate than RE/MAX*
- More than 7,000 agents joined the network in 2017, up 6.4 percent year-over-year
- Agent count outside the U.S. and Canada increased by 17.8 percent in 2017
- RE/MAX agents averaged 14.4 transaction sides in 2017
Focus on Competitive Innovation
Following the December 2017 announcement of a new business and product strategy team focused on innovation, corporate strategy, product research and competitive intelligence, RE/MAX announced several new online tools to improve the productivity of the network’s agents:
- Two new learning tracks offered by RE/MAX University (RU) provide Associates the tools needed to grow their personal brands and become successful top producers in the real estate industry. Take Flight and New to RE/MAX are offered online and on-demand on RU. Two additional learning tracks, Teams and Succession Planning, will be offered later this year.
- A new automation feature for RE/MAX Design Center, powered by Imprev, gives many agents a simple, effective way to promote the key events during the life of a listing using a series of automatically created, professional-looking marketing materials.
RE/MAX in the Community
In 2017, RE/MAX brokers and agents from across the globe were affected by natural disasters. From hurricanes to earthquakes and wildfires, the network joined together to help fellow affiliates and communities by donating nearly $200,000 to help those impacted.
“RE/MAX has more offices in more communities than any other network and this year many of our own were put to the test,” said Contos. “When a community is in need, RE/MAX shines the brightest.”
In addition, RE/MAX has raised more than $167 million for Children’s Miracle Network hospitals. During this week’s event, RE/MAX agents will work together to create a social media mosaic “get well card.” The mosaic, made up of hundreds of individual images posted to Instagram and Twitter during the convention, will be gifted to the St. Rose Dominican Hospitals during the R4 Closing Session on Thursday.
# # #
About the RE/MAX Network:
RE/MAX was founded in 1973 by Dave and Gail Liniger, with an innovative, entrepreneurial culture affording its agents and franchisees the flexibility to operate their businesses with great independence. Over 115,000 agents provide RE/MAX a global reach of more than 100 countries and territories. Nobody sells more real estate than RE/MAX, when measured by residential transaction sides. RE/MAX, LLC, one of the world’s leading franchisors of real estate brokerage services, is a wholly-owned subsidiary of RMCO, LLC, which is controlled and managed by RE/MAX Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:RMAX). With a passion for the communities in which its agents live and work, RE/MAX is proud to have raised more than $167 million for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® and other charities. For more information about RE/MAX, to search home listings or find an agent in your community, please visit www.remax.com. For the latest news about RE/MAX, please visit www.remax.com/newsroom.
* As measured by residential transaction sides.