Did you know that using video to communicate and showing your face
everyday fosters trust and familiarity?
By Kayla Roofe
RE/MAX Social Media Coordinator
Did you know that using video to communicate and showing your face every day fosters trust and familiarity?
Both are important to maintaining client relationships in the real estate industry.
While posting to Facebook helps increase awareness and makes posts and photo albums easy to share with friends and the community, it’s important to put your social media eggs in more than one basket. Expanding your personal brand to multiple social platforms, even if you’re posting the same content, will help spread the word further (and faster) and can open up greater opportunities for establishing connections.
Studies have shown that video is more appealing to consumers than still images, so try it out for yourself. For example, the art of Snapchat and Instagram Stories lies in linking individual clips, photos and videos together to create a “story” and reach an engaged audience. Utilize this feature to showcase the best qualities of the home you’re selling.
First, establish Instagram and Snapchat accounts. On both platforms, you can connect with people already in your phone’s address book. (This will be easy if your clients’ phone numbers are already loaded in your device.) Gain more followers by creating attractive content, using relevant hashtags and displaying your geolocation. Short on time? Look into social media management tools like Hootsuite and Buffer, where you can post and send it out simultaneously to all your channels at once.
Follow these tips to stand out from the crowd.
- Be yourself and be authentic: Don’t have polished sales presentations. Don’t only “talk business.” Instead, limit shop talk and show your every-day life.
- Home/Property tours: Highlight the best features of the property – views, kitchen, pool, etc. Link out to website listings for more information.
- Reviews of nearby locations: Have lunch at a nearby restaurant, visit the local schools, bring your dog to the nearest dog park, etc.
- List contact information: Direct people back to the website or have a CTA to contact you directly.
- Events: Join the conversation with group stories and geo locations during RE/MAX conferences and events.
- Geofilters: create and use community geofilters around open houses, office events to further promote your brand.